Greenberg Traurig helps importers and exporters promote global trade, lower trade barriers, and comply with relevant trade laws. Our attorneys offer strategic assistance and representation in all regions of the world to enhance our clients’ competitiveness in an ever-changing world economy: North and South America, Asia, Europe, and Africa. Our multidisciplinary team brings a combination of experience and insight to our global trade and investment practice.
- Strategic Consulting: Counsel on WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA, European Union and other trade-related international agreements.
- Trade Remedies: Representation in antidumping, subsidy, safeguard, and tariff/non-tariff-related administrative proceedings in the United States, European Union, Brazil, Canada, and China.
- Trade Policy: Assistance with trade policy issues before the U.S. Congress, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, the U.S. Commerce Department, the Treasury Department and other U.S. government agencies.
- Trade Transactions: Advice on import and export transactions.
- Export Controls: Counsel on, and assist with, export licensing, international trade sanctions, internal compliance and audits. Representation before the Departments of Commerce, State, Treasury, Justice and Energy.
- Anti-Bribery Compliance: Guidance on anti-bribery laws, internal training and compliance policy.
- Foreign Investments: Guidance on Committee on Foreign investments in the United States and international investments, guidelines of the International Chamber of Commerce and bilateral Investment treaties.
- Customs: Customs Border Protection audits, tariff classification, valuation, origin, penalties, special trade programs, C-TPAT and similar supply chain security programs, generalized system of preferences, duty management strategies, Maquila/PITEX, FTZ and representation on customs rulings, protests and judicial proceedings.
- Dispute Settlement: Assist with trade and investment related dispute proceedings before U.S. Federal courts, the WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA, the European Court of Justice, International Center for the settlement of International Disputes of the World Bank, and private or governmental arbitration bodies.
- Intellectual Property: Counsel on the WTO TRIPS agreement and other international and bilateral agreements. Representation in Section 337 IP-based investigations before the International Trade Commission and CBP.
- Tax and Trade: Advice in connection with transfer pricing and related party customs regulations, EU VAT, and taxes applying to international trade.
- Sustainability: Advise on and assist with the development of international and internal frameworks on issues relating to food, water, climate change, technology, infrastructure and investments relating to achieving sustainable economic growth.